Make a recipe that is simple, cheap and refreshing. In order to cool us for the coming summer.
Serves 5-7 portions.
- 2 Granny Smith Apples
- 1 cucumber (mine was 1,5 dm long approx.)
- 1.5 tablespoon of olive oil
- half a cup of water
- half a cup of sugar
- Ice cream machine
- Prepare the syrup. In a saucepan, add the sugar to the water. put on low heat. Basically you dissolve the sugar in the water
- Take the skin off the apples, and cut the apples and discard the core. Cut the cucumber in rings. Make sure you cleaned them first. Put into a blender and blend. (Add 1/4 cup of water if necessary).
- Add the syrup to the blend [of apple and cucumber].
- Cool down
- You may blend the olive oil with the mixture at this point, OR add it while in the ice cream maker. The olive oil doesn’t like to stay in the aqueous mixture, so it is important to add at last minute, and to put in the ice cream machine as fast as possible.
- Serve. It is better to eat on the spot, you may put it in the freezer but leave it out 5 minutes before serving.